The Benefit Bank of South Carolina
Need to apply for Medicaid? Need help filing your taxes before the April 15th deadline? Need help getting SNAP (food stamp) benefits?
The good news is – free help is available! SC Thrive is an organization that helps people get the resources they need through their online Benefit Bank. They provide personalized help, no matter where you live in South Carolina, and you can apply for all the benefits you need in one interview!
Check out the SC Thrive website to see their resources and helpful information and then call 1-800-726-8774 to speak with a Benefit Bank counselor. Below are some of the key services offered by SC Thrive:
- Medicaid: Youth who were in foster care at age 18 should already be enrolled in Medicaid and can stay on Medicaid until 26.
If you left care before 18 and are without health insurance, check out Healthy Connections Medicaid to learn more about this low-cost healthcare coverage.
- Welvista is a SC Thrive partner that provides prescription medicine to eligible individuals without insurance. Click here to learn more.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): SNAP (known as Food Stamps) is a federal program that helps with the cost of groceries. Click here to learn more.
- South Carolina State and Federal Taxes: Use the Self-Serve option or find a SC Thrive Tax Site near you for counselor help with filing your taxes. Click here to learn more.
SC Thrive also offers information and help for:
- Voter Registration
- Completing the FAFSA application for student loans for college
- Military & Veterans Benefits
- Social Security Income (SSI) Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Family Independence (FI)
Be sure to check out the SC Thrive website today!